• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Thank you Canon!

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
2 days ago I received my new camera, the 1Ds Mark III

Thank you Canon!

Today I have received this simple email from CPS Europe:
Nicolas CLARIS,

Membership has expired

Without any other info… nor signature.

Tank you Canon!
as of today, I own:

Cameras
EOS-1Ds Mark II
EOS-1Ds Mark III

Lenses
EF24-70mm f/2.8L USM
EF400mm f/5.6L USM
EXT EF 1.4X II
EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
EF500mm f/4.0L IS USM

Accessories
Speedlite 550EX
Speedlite 580EX
Other Serial number
Angle Finder C

Maybe that's not enough!

Michael Fontana

pro member
Nicolas, your not alone °handshake°

and yeah, you need another Mk 3!

Following the list on the cpn-site, I 'm qualified too.
As I had arguments with the sales representative of Canon Switzerland about the QC of the wide lenses, so he deleted me from the list......

nicolas claris

Hi Michael
welcome!

Are you sure that there's a link between your question and the fact they disqualified you?

I thinkl/hope they have a problem with their web platform… I received the same email 8 times!

They want to be sure that I do understand!

Seriously, I don't care that much, I don't go to big national events so I don't need the support they bring there, but I need quick repair when I have a problem with the body or lenses…

well… better LoL!

PS I can still log in http://www.cps.canon-europe.com/

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Nicolas,

This is a time of change and continuous surprise. Wait, the new Nikon is around the corner and Sigma, Leica and others will wow you. Of course, you will soon have the Hy6 to shoot for OPF! Just earn as much money with your wonderful 1DsIII and be ready!

Congratulations! I am so happy for you.

Asher

Michael Fontana

pro member
Nicolas

I'm not caring to much too, so I let it go, not beeing a sport shooter...
I still can log in the membership, on cps europe, too. Actually, withtout your post; I never ever would even had thought about it, anymore... but now I wrote a mail to cps-europe, for a card, or member number....

The thing happened a while ago; when I was getting the Mk 2.
I had been testing quite a lots of wides, but gav' em back, with a CD of the testshots.
Just a few days later, I applied for the cps-membership - which was denied then, by the sales representative ..... ah welll....

BTW: right now, I received a invitation, that might be interesting for you:

"Vous trouverez ci-joint l'invitation au prochain Défi de ville qui sera consacré à Bordeaux, avec :

Alain Juppé, maire de Bordeaux et Michel Corajoud et Michel Desvigne, paysagistes

le 11 décembre 2007 à 19 h

à la Cité de l‚architecture & du patrimoine, Palais de Chaillot"

nicolas claris

Hi Nicolas,

This is a time of change and continuous surprise. Wait, the new Nikon is around the corner and Sigma, Leica and others will wow you. Of course, you will soon have the Hy6 to shoot for OPF! Just earn as much money with your wonderful 1DsIII and be ready!

Congratulations! I am so happy for you.

Asher

Thanks Asher

Yes, yes, yes… for now, the new toy seems really promising, hard to wait for the next chopper flight over the sea…

nicolas claris

BTW: right now, I received a invitation, that might be interesting for you:

"Vous trouverez ci-joint l'invitation au prochain Défi de ville qui sera consacré à Bordeaux, avec :

Alain Juppé, maire de Bordeaux et Michel Corajoud et Michel Desvigne, paysagistes

le 11 décembre 2007 à 19 h

à la Cité de l‚architecture & du patrimoine, Palais de Chaillot"

Thank you Michael, they send it to me already, thanks anyway…

nicolas claris

Thank you again Canon !

Dear CPS member,

Unfortunately and due to an unexpected error in our system you have received several emails with the following subject: "CPS Membership Expiry". This communication was incorrect and you are advised to disregard the information/ignore the emails.

At the moment we are investigating the problem and are doing everything possible to avoid any additional email being sent out.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Best regards,

CPS team

Well noted!