• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

me .... in action !

Paul Bestwick

pro member
this is the kinda shot I like of me........ I don't like posing for photos.

Self.jpg

Nice action photo Paul.

Where do you get those cars?

Does the cool car come with you or are you partnered with somebody who owns those things or what?

So did this shot (from your camera) make the cut? That looks like pretty harsh sunlight... ?

Paul Bestwick

pro member
Hi Ed,

the car was hired by the bride.... The weather was awful, bright sun, really hard to do weddings in.
Having said that, the result was quite good.

As far as my image making the cut goes... we will see. I have quite a few to choose from.

car%201.jpg

car2.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Paul I love the ideas. Can you remove the shadows from the faces and the sewing bumps in her dress?

Asher

Robert Groom

Paul,

The images are interesting, and so is the EXIF data ...

car1.jpg -- EOS 1DsMkIII, ISO 100, 1/250, f/11
car2.jpg -- EOS 1DMkIII, ISO 400, 1/3200, f/4.5

Given that it was "awful, bright sun", did you intentionally overexpose the second image by a stop, or are your cameras' meters really that different?

Robert

PS I notice the 1DsMkIII shot has been given +0.55 Exposure in ACR post-processing. Curiouser and curiouser. ;-)