• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

40D custom functions info not in Zoombrowser

Don Springer

Hello everyone, I've been reading these forums for a long time now but never posted anything-just watching and learning. Just got my new 40D yesterday and was shooting some trial shots to see how things worked. I wanted to compare all the camera settings for the various files so I opened them in ZoomBrowser EX 6.0.1 and the custom function information is not appearing-other camera info is there. I have ZoomBrowser set for custom functions to appear in the preferences. Also, I took some shots a couple of weeks ago with a friends 20D and ZoomBrowser shows that camera custom function information just fine for those files. I have read through the 40D manual three times now and I can not find any mention of a setting I should be using. Any ideas of what I need to change in the 40D setup to make the custom functions info appear in ZoomBrowser ? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Don

Don Lashier

Hi Don,

I remember some silliness with my 1D where custom functions were not in effect until you loaded a set from your PC. I don't know if this is your problem or not but you might check into it.

CANCEL THAT - this was wrt personal functions (PF's).

- DL

Don Springer

Update from Canon EOS Digital Tech Support

I just got off the phone with USA Canon EOS Digital Technical Support and they verified that the EXIF information from the 40D and the 1DMarkIII does not contain custom functions data. They said they will turn this over to the appropriate group at Canon to find out if this was intentional (maybe related to DIGICIII) or an oversight; also they said they would inform me if Canon would then perhaps do a firmware update to include this in the EXIF information. Tech Support said they will send me an email when they have any updated information.