• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

semi-retired pro

Frank Cizek

I'm a semi-retired pro & still shoot a lot of cars (Detroit area) & recently self published a book of them through Blurb.com.
It's a easy to do project & costs about the same as individual prints. Some details can be seen on my (needs some final tweaking) site.
www.FrankCizek.com

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Frank,

Welcome to OPF. I'm hoping you'll be a regular poster and share with us your magnificent images. Of course I like the "Willy's" but then the "Grandmother" is special too. Is that film. If so you can post it in the LF/film section.

What cameras did you use for the pictures. I was going to link them to show people what I'm referring to but couldn't find the url of an individual picture by putting it in a new browser window.

Next time I visit your website I'll look at your car book too.

Are you switched to digital completely now you have the Canon 20D DSLR?

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Welcome Franck
some very nice stuff on your website…

Asher, I tried some control/click on some Franck's images on got a contextual menu proposing to "copy image address"…

Frank Cizek

"Grandmother" is special too. Is that film.
Yes, it was Tri-X.
What cameras did you use for the pictures.
Some, like the Willys, were the Canon 300D. Last year I got the 20D, & yes, my Nikons are gathering dust & I'm fairly happy with digital.
I was going to link them to show people what I'm referring to but couldn't find the url of an individual picture by putting it in a new browser window.
You should be able to Rt-Click on them & copy the url. Then either post the link or put it between tags, no?

Thanks for the welcome, and...

69-RR-Xmas07_C_50.gif

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Yes, it was Tri-X. Some, like the Willys, were the Canon 300D. Last year I got the 20D, & yes, my Nikons are gathering dust & I'm fairly happy with digital. You should be able to Rt-Click on them & copy the url. Then either post the link or put it between tags, no?
Right click? On a mac :(

There's an equivalent, but I'm not sure what it is, LOL!

I appreciate the car. Do you ever get to drive them? Maybe in Lighting, you might share how you set up to shoot the cars.

Asher

nicolas claris

Right click? On a mac :(

There's an equivalent, but I'm not sure what it is, LOL!

Of course there is Asher, I did write it just above… control (key) and click does it.
But if you get a modern mouse with 2 buttons and even a wheel, you'll get most of essential contextual menus… as the one stated here to copy URLs ;-)

Frank Cizek

Do you ever get to drive them?
:D FAT chance! But I got my moneys worth out of my '69 'Cuda 383 when I put 187,000 hard miles on it!
Maybe in Lighting, you might share how you set up to shoot the cars.
I'll take a look & see is anyone is shooting cars. Do you mind if I link to the tutorial in POTN? I hate typing with two fingers!

nicolas claris

Do you mind if I link to the tutorial in POTN? I hate typing with two fingers!

Hi Frank
Well, if it is your text (I mean if you're the author), a simple copy/paste of text would do… And it is not forbidden to indicate that it has been previously 'published' in any other place…

It's much easier for OPF folks to navigate into the same area, without going back and forth between websites…;-)

.........................................BTW, could it be a self portrait? V

69-RR-Xmas07_C_50.gif

nicolas claris

Well, that's not going to happen. Look at the link & you'll understand why copy/paste won't work:

A few Car Lighting Tips - Updated

Well
2 things may help:

1.: P.O.T.N. is Vbulletin made as OPF is…

2.: In P.O.T.N. you're moderator, so you should be able to edit your post there, then copy the entire message and paste it here in any page/post.

Only style should change, but not the text, nor links, nor bold fonts etc…

If you have the time, I would be curious to see the result if you try…

That's a great tutorial. I'd noticed that some of the shots on the website were outdoor shots with studio backgrounds dropped in in PS and was wondering how you controlled the reflections outdoors. Thanks for filling us in on your techniques!

Frank Cizek

so you should be able to edit your post there,..
It's not just a post. It's a 42 post thread with additions, questions, & answers.
Not a big thing to me, as I don't see any car shooters here anyway.
...was wondering how you controlled the reflections outdoors.
Mostly answered in the 2nd set of pics, "Wait for the late light, WALK AROUND & LOOK at what the light is doing!".
When you can move the car, then move it to get the best reflections. When you can't & can't find a reasonable angle, look for another one to shoot. I can usually find 2-3 in the summer to shoot while the good light lasts.
This stuff isn't all that hard. ;)

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
My High School Sweetheart still has his 1970 'Cuda - all stock - Convertible. Will have to go to the local car shows sometime and snap it. I wish I still had my 1973 Bug Convertible. (sigh).

Love the car images....

Frank Cizek

My High School Sweetheart still has his 1970 'Cuda - all stock - Convertible.
Lucky guy!
Will have to go to the local car shows sometime and snap it.
Good idea! Make sure that he parks it where you want it! ;)
I wish I still had my 1973 Bug Convertible. (sigh).
Yeah, yeah! Same sad song that most of us sing!

Thanks for the comments, everyone.