• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Fordham, Essex, UK

Neil Hunt

I thought I'd just post a couple from a current project. The idea of restricting myself to a small area for a long time has always appealed, especially an area that isn't famous or majestic in anyway or even a bit eyecatching. As my house backs on to a couple of large fields, that seemed as good a place as any to start. These are just work in progress. No idea as yet if the final images will be colour or B&W. Always interested in feedback.

Neil.

lrg_4521_1534495736476359a1cb997.jpg

4521_416733050475f6195493cd.jpg

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Neil,

Yes, there's much one can do with less than stunning vistas that everyone else has worked before. What are the flowers? It'a nice to have the details of theshot one is commenting on as it tells others how to approach similar issues.

The image with the sparse flowers is surprisingly interesting in B&W despite the fact that there is no commanding bloom or demanding detail of the flowers.

The sky image has a lot of room for drama. I might have used a polarizing filter in another shot. Anyway this picture works well in color and you can make the clouds very dimensional. There's a central area that will come out brighter and the diagonal lines of the clouds coming up from the right can be emphasized with dramatic effect.

Consider processing the trees separately from the sky.

Since you did not provide the RAW images, I did not make a version as it would not do justice to the potential of the pictures.

Thanks for sharing,

Asher