• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Madagascar hissing Cockroach

Arya Wiese

This was taken this summer at the Oregon Zoo at their insect display. This guy kinda creeped me out but I didn't have to hold it. I had the nice girl hold it for me while I took the image. I used one of my actions on it to bring out the blue/green in the background (that's the cage below). I find it's one of my favorites from my trip to the zoo.

DSC_0024-1.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Arya,

I like the part of the image where the cokroach is with the fingers. The hand is covered with this yellow bright areas with I guess no detail??. Why not crop?

Could you show other pics so we can see the head?

Asher

Arya Wiese

Asher, your right, I ended up cropping it into a square making the roach the main part of the image. Unfortunately this was the only shot I got of the roach, kinda creeped me out so I took a few shots and scadaddled on to see the other animals and plants.