• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hello my friends . .

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
What a delight to hear from you Klaus! Glad you're back. Hope you had great pictures and we'll see them. We've a few new faces here and they'll be glad to get to know you too! Did you get one of the new Cameras, Canon, Pentx or Nikon or even something more ambitious?

Asher

Klaus Esser

pro member
Hi Asher!

Good to hear you too! I was very busy and had some private issues with my mother´s health - but now´s all in order . . ;-) and i can relax a bit. Hope you and your family and friends are alright too!

No - no new cameras, but i´m waiting for a motorized panorama-head . . should be here just for Christmas . . :)

Did some work on Large Format, which i still like the best! Some Portraits on 8x10" - hard stuff, much fun!

well, i´ll be back next days and will keep you informed about the head - i wanted it for highrez stitches. Did some arround 120MPx and are hungry for more . . :) :)

So all the best to you and your family and have e wonderful Christmas!

Yours, Klaus

Asher Kelman

Well Klaus,

I've beenm using my 4x5 Crown graphic and my beautiful new Camonix 8x10 film camera with a 4x5 reduction back should be shipped from China soon.

I didn't spring for a new digital camera yet but Will Thompson bought the 40D (then dumpled it), and now the 1D Mark III and the 1Ds Mark III. About 5 or 6 others, at least, here have the 1Ds III too.

I'll be posting from the 4x5 shortly.

Asher

Klaus Esser

pro member
Well Klaus,

I've beenm using my 4x5 Crown graphic and my beautiful new Camonix 8x10 film camera with a 4x5 reduction back should be shipped from China soon.

I didn't spring for a new digital camera yet but Will Thompson bought the 40D (then dumpled it), and now the 1D Mark III and the 1Ds Mark III. About 5 or 6 others, at least, here have the 1Ds III too.

I'll be posting from the 4x5 shortly.

Asher

Hey Asher!

I read about the Chamonix recently - beautiful made and very functionally (?) ! Some good ideas realised.
The 4x5" construction reminds me a bit of Sugimotos customized Phillips 8x10 - i didn´t find a good picture of the 8x10"m just a dull one.

best, Klaus

Asher Kelman

Hey Asher!

I read about the Chamonix recently - beautiful made and very functionally (?) ! Some good ideas realised.
The 4x5" construction reminds me a bit of Sugimotos customized Phillips 8x10 - i didn´t find a good picture of the 8x10"m just a dull one.
Yes, Klaus,

I do believe that they did use the Phillips camera as the "inspiration" for their Chamonix line of cameras.

I'll post pictures when I get it!

Are you using your wide format film camera still?

Asher

Michael Fontana

pro member
Hi Klaus

good to see you back again.

Wishing you all the best, too ;-)

Merry.jpg