• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Cute barn-door smile!

Zach Jacob

Thoughts and opinions on these are welcome.

rosie1.jpg

rosie2.jpg

rosie3.jpg

Clayton Lofgren

I like the last one, but I have been collecting similar pics for a long time. This one is from 25 years ago, in my OM-1 days. With all the tech deficiencies, it is still among my favorites of my daughter.
NILDA2.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Zach, # 2 is my favorite! I like the whole pose.

Clayton, what film were you shooting then and how did you digitize it? I love this tnality. Was this a Koadachrome II?

I wonder whether the full color can be restored?

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
I wonder whether the full color can be restored?

Quite a bit (I had a good try)… but it wouldn't be magic as this 'original' so I won't post unless Zack request me to do so…

still a cpmpetition of very cute little girls… happy new year to them and their families…

Clayton Lofgren

Mostly I used 100 asa Kodak back then, but was just getting serious about photography, and did not pay a lot of attention to the film. The 4x6 print spent about 20 years in an album before I scanned it on a flatbed.
Anyone wanting to play with any pics I post is completely welcome do do so.

Asher Kelman

Hi Clayton,

If you send me the largest file as a TIFF possible, then I'll give it people who request it. Send it to me via

http://www.yousendit.com

to editor.opfATmac.com Of course replace the AT with @

I've started a thread in the Retouching forum here .

Meanwhile, let's have more kids "barndoor" smiles!

Thanks for sharing!

Asher

Barry Johnston

They could be sisters...

The similarities are startling.... they could be sisters..... all-be-it 20 odd years apart...

I like the high contrast in your photos Zach and the skin tones are perfect. Also well chosen depth of field. All these photos work for me.

Many Thanks,
Barry.

Asher Kelman

What I love about these pictures is the shyness and feeling of joy the girls seem to show. This, BTW, only comes from caring homes. I hope we get more such images. I feel these balance the bad news we read everyday. Besides being personal treasure, these are naturals and show such a lot of potential.

Seeing these little kids makes me think we have to make sure they have a good opportunities to grow up in!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Clayton,

These kids pictures are terrific. When did you take that? Do you have a larger version nd could you convert to sRGB before loading so the colors are displayed best.

Asher

Clayton Lofgren

I am collecting them by the dozens, but have very poor internet here, and no decent software. That is after buying a new laptop with all the good stuff, but it came with a glitch that needs warranty work, which is complicated for me. Will do my best.

Asher Kelman

Where are you in Venezuaela? I'll have to come down there to fix your computer, but I do love those pictures. Reminds me so much of Loretta Lux whose work I admire but you don't use any artifice do get your results.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Where are you in Venezuela? I'll have to come down there to fix your computer, but I do love those pictures. Reminds me so much of Loretta Lux whose work I admire but you don't use any artifice do get your results.

Asher

Clayton Lofgren

IMG_0720Large.jpg

This was in dense fog- not much color.
I am spending two thirds of my time working in Morocco. Plan on leaving my laptop in Caracas for repair when I go back to Venezuela in about a month.