• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Prairy Dog in the Zoo

This thread is more intended as a thank you to Nicolas with regard to sharing the sharpening action and the discussion about it.

This shot was taken with a 300mm I am learning and playing with, handheld in lovely but not a lot of light. Not overly sharp so the sharpening action really helps the prairy dog to come out nicely.

1054552ct3.jpg

C&C welcome ofcourse.

Martin.

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Good job Martin!

How do you use the sharpening action? As is or anything special? Anyway this is an interesting picture with a pattern of concentric rings of fur. I wonder if the tip of the nose and lips still have more detail to deliver?

Asher

What a well-fed and interesting guy!

I this fellow needs a treadmill.

... this fellow needs a treadmill.

That depends on the geographical location of the shot, and the outdoor temperature (it's near freezing point here)! Martin's family name is Dutch, for sure, but then there are many Dutch emigrants, and travellers. Have you ever seen wet cats (not much substance to them either, beyond the fur coat)?

Martin and others, could you please add your approximate geographical location to your profile (no need for home address, which would be only too helpful for thieves, but a general indication could help)?

Bart
(From the Netherlands, somewhere in the center).

Sharpening action was run as is at RAW (ORF) to Jpg export in Lightroom.

I had three different shots with focal plane a little more aft and front. This one seems to come out nicest with detail in the eyes and some sharpness in the outer ring of fur. With the focal plane a little more forward the detail in the fur is almost completely lost.

I am indeed in the Netherlands, shot was taken in Blijdorp Zoo Rotterdam (live around 50kms from there) and temperature is around 0 degs so winter dress for these little critters.

thanks for comments.

Martin