• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

C14 and earlier files

I read this in Phase One forum posted by a DB owner: ..."C4 does not read previous C3.7 files. New version software not reading previous versions is unheard of in software development."...

I was having problems opening files with a ".session" file. I have only C14 on my desk computer and the file simply doesnt get recognized only because it was created in pre-C14

This is a serious problem for a program that is based in such .session files where you get all the instructions needed to process the files again or to copy instructions to others etc.

This is what Walter Borchenko talks and talks in his Applied Craftsmanship book.

This is an example of what he thinks is important:

"...Always move a complete session to a new workstation when required This keeps the Capture One Settings with the RAW files."

If you don't then the program will start over again as if this where RAW images straight from the camera...

This is what happens now regardless of the presence of the Capture One Settings that are now incomprehensible to the new version of C1.

This is the opposite of brilliant on the part of Phase One ...

"Phase One is based in Denmark and truly extends the Danish sensibility of simplicity through form and function. This is extremely intelligent software that is designed by brilliant engineers and designers who bring the software to its own level of art. .. " says Walter ...