• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

ACR calibration scripts...any preference?

Phil Marion

Currently I've been using the generic ACR preset for the 30D that I downloaded of the huelight.com site. I now have the Gretag colour chart and am about to calibrate ACR for my specific 30D. I see that there are a couple of calibration scripts. Are there any differences/advantages to either of these?

the Fors Script
http://fors.net/chromoholics/index.php

or

the Rags Script
http://www.rags-int-inc.com/PhotoTechStuff/AcrCalibration/

Note - I am a photo enthusiast hobbyist and not a professional photographer who requires absolute colour accuracy (plus I am lazy and don't want to embark on rediculously time consuming efforts that will result in minimal improvements to my attempts at ACR/monitor calibration and colour management)

Phil Marion

my research has lead me to the Tindeman script as well....

What script have YOU used? Or do you use the Fraser/Schewe and/or Lee Varis method?

my research has lead me to the Tindeman script as well....

What script have YOU used? Or do you use the Fraser/Schewe and/or Lee Varis method?

I haven't used the Tindemans script yet, but I do get good results with Rags Gardner's version (both on the 24 patch GMB-ColorChecker and on the 140 patch GMB-Semi-Gloss target).

Bart

Marian Howell

yes i do (5d) and i really noticed a difference. the whole effort took about 30 minutes, and i really am pleased every time i see it kick in it lightroom.

Phil Marion

which script did you use?

Half hour to run it, hmmm. Maybe I should get off my keister and quit putting it off. Looks like I'm gonna try the Tindeman script.