• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

an Orchid or two....

Barry Johnston

This is one I took last year pre my move to Canon with a KM 7D. I took this at an orchid show processed it in photoshop.
I was impressed by James Newton's flower (previous post) he did in photoshop, so tried to recreate similar.

Pic 1
original.jpg

Pic 2
original.jpg

Slightly more saturation in the second image.

I hope you like it.

Barry

Last edited:

Husain Alfraid

the second one looks pretty good.

the focus is great..., just an opinion tho....the horizontal pic looks stronger than the other one (usually is the opposite)

good luck ;)
peace...

Barry Johnston

Orchids...

Greetings Husain (and Welcome to OPF), actually, I never gave it much thought, but you are right, the landscape does present a stronger image. Do you think this is because Pic 1 is slightly more desaturated than Pic 2 perhaps? Thanks for your comment...

Shane,

The PS work was quite intricate actually, but basically as follows.

Made a duplicate of the background (so I have two identical copies).
Then desaturated the bottom layer.
Erased most of the image of the second (upper) layer, bar the flower and parts I wanted to keep.
Used the blending option to remove most of the colour from the flower until I reached acceptable level (probably around 50%).
Made a third layer and filled it completely black.
Using the marquee tool, mark out the thickness of border you want to keep, and hit the delete key. In the blending options, check the stroke square at the bottom. The stroke key provides the thin red border inside the black (I chose a colour from the flower to compliment it). Then flatten all layers... if you need more detail, please PM me. Hope you can follow this at least.

Best Regards,
Barry.

Husain Alfraid

Greetings Husain (and Welcome to OPF), actually, I never gave it much thought, but you are right, the landscape does present a stronger image. Do you think this is because Pic 1 is slightly more desaturated than Pic 2 perhaps? Thanks for your comment...

Best Regards,
Barry.

i guess so...cuz has more colors:).

take care..and keep it up .

Regards
Husain