• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Elbow Falls in the Winter!

Roy Stuart

A very scenic and colorful scene with nice ice formations at this time of the year. Elbow Falls in Kananaskis Country, Alberta.

1DMk2-25-01-2008_0056-amended.jpg

Taken with a Canon EOS 1D-Mk2 + Canon EF 17-40mm F4.0 L lens.

Comments and criticism welcome!

Visit my website - http://www.jeanroy-photo.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Ron,

This is superb and inspiring. There are a number of sub scenes withing this amazing scene. I wish I could see more on the left. Do you have that to add from other pics? Also that portion of the cloud, could you either add to that or remove it?

Asher

Roy Stuart

I was unable to edit my photo, so here is a new version with the cloud formation on the top left cropped out. It looks even better now!

1DMk2-25-01-2008_0056-amended.jpg

Steve Robinson

A beautiful setting and a beautiful image. I think you got the shutter speed just right. It shows plenty of movement. It looks like it might have been a bit chilly at the time.