• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Kayagum..Korean instrument

Husain Alfraid

Kayagum...or Gayagum,
its an old traditional Korean instrument...i just wanted ti show the pieces of art this instrument made of.

here is a link for the instrument playin..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16LN8vLx6MM

FOR A BETTER VIEW
larger size CLICK HERE and click on the picture that will show up next.
Kayagum_EDITED_by_bad95killer.jpg

Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Model: NIKON D200
Shutter Speed: 1/80 second
F Number: F/4.8
Focal Length: 62 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Nikkor: 18-200mm

Shane Carter

Nice comp and color...the shallod DOF draws the eye. Nice balance in with the window light. There is also balance between the tension in the strings and the serenity of the rest of the scene. Very nice!

Husain Alfraid

Nice comp and color...the shallod DOF draws the eye. Nice balance in with the window light. There is also balance between the tension in the strings and the serenity of the rest of the scene. Very nice!

thanx for the lovely comment and i really appreciate it,,,but i'de like to mention abou something that u'de find interesting
i took the picture outdoor during a strait fair..and there was no windows around there.
actually i found those lights reflected there a very nice background for my macro...SO, guess where the light came from?

look here http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs25/f/2008/034/d/3/kayagum_scrap_by_bad95killer.jpg.

Facilities door were reflecting the lights:D

have a great day...and thanx again...i really appreciate ur comment.

Husain

This is a very interesting, serene, and extremely competently exposed image Husain. I absolutely love it, and the atmosphere it projects...

This would look great on a wall (large) with a rough-textured wooden frame. The top-right may be a little "too" black for my taste - a bit of detail could have balanced things out (since there is detail in the background on the left). That instrument is indeed a work of art.

Rocky Cookus

Looks like the bridge(s) of a string instrument that is played in a horizontal position. It's a lovely instrument. Nicely composed, and it would be interesting to see this image with just a wee bit more light to see the vanishing perspective details of the strings and bridges.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Let's have more. Your picture shows how you can use the instrument in your composition. I'd like to see different views.

Asher

Husain Alfraid

i really wanted to take more pictures of that instrument...but the girl who was there was about to pack her stuff and leave....i didn't really want to bother her.

Unfortunate huh!....i could've taken more pics.

but i'll see later if i have anything else