• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Another Brazos Bend sunrise

I spent a few hours here yesterday trying out the new lenses. We arrived before sunrise and were able to make the hike to this location in time for a few shots. This was taken with the 24-70. The wildlife activity has been rather sparse here for the past few weeks. I am hoping that with nicer weather this will all change and once again things will liven up. In the meantime, I continue looking for landscape opportunities here that others may have passed up.
SunriseReflections.jpg

Barry Johnston

Another fantastic image...

Hello James,
Another fantastic image!! You are fortunate to have such incredible scenery near you, and you captured this beautifully. Amazing colours and composition.

The 24-70 will hopefully be my next purchase. At present I have a severe lack of mid-range lenses, so I'm pleased to see this one here.

Best,
Barry.

janet Smith

pro member
Hi James

Beautiful, congrats on the new lens, I'll be buying this one myself soon before I go to the Isle of Harris, nice to see some shots from it, hope you'll post some more as you get them.....

Thank you. Barry and Janet, if you are getting this lens you won't be sorry. I am really enjoying the results with it so far. The 70-200 is really nice as well.
Thank you too Asher. I had this one printed 16x24 and just received it yesterday. I was really pleased with the outcome.

Marcus Peddle

I really like the colours in this photograph and the composition is great. The moon also adds a lot of interest to the picture.
Because the tree and its reflection are so exact, I wonder if it might be a little better if there were ripples or small waves in the water. This might add some more interest to the foreground.