• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Quick Reply Modified - Feedback Desired

Hi All,

I just modified the Quick Reply script a short while ago. The goal was to fix the occassional hanging of the script such that it failed to post.

So if anyone notes an improvement or worsening of the actions of the feature, then please post to this thread or PM me.

thank you very much,

Sean

T

Testis Moderatus

Simply Quick Reply testing in Opera (for Windows).

Doug Kerr

HI, Sean,

Hi All,

I just modified the Quick Reply script a short while ago. The goal was to fix the occassional hanging of the script such that it failed to post.

I had occasionally experienced this mode hanging, so hopefully this script change will avert such in the future.

Thanks.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Sean

Quick reply is back to "hanging/spinning wheel/ Posting Quick Reply - Please Wait" behavior in Safari…

Hi Nicolas,

I just tested this with Safari on XP and it worked fine. So can you please tell me 3 things.

1) Have you cleared your cache in Safari or run refresh on the page to ensure you are using the latest version of the script?

2) What version of OS X are you running?

3) What verson of Safari?

thanks,

Sean

nicolas claris

Hi Sean,

1. yes I did clear the cache as I was puting Asher's corrections to his last article online;-)
2. Leopard 10.5.2
3. Safari V3.0.4

A few days ago, there were a real improvement…

Of course I'm talking about the "Post Quick Reply" button (the one to SEND the message not the one to open the message box ("Quick Reply")

Thanks for these efforts, I know (really) the pain to have such things functionning correctly on all browsers on all platforms!

1. yes I did clear the cache as I was puting Asher's corrections to his last article online;-)
2. Leopard 10.5.2
3. Safari V3.0.4

A few days ago, there were a real improvement…

Of course I'm talking about the "Post Quick Reply" button (the one to SEND the message not the one to open the message box ("Quick Reply")

Thanks for these efforts, I know (really) the pain to have such things functionning correctly on all browsers on all platforms!

Hi Nicolas,

Is it still giving you grief? Does anyone else have this issue with this or a similar combination?

As I am unable to test this combo, at this point I want to double check you cache has been cleared. Go to Safari->Clear Cache or whatever it is and clear the cache, then close down Safari and start it again. Then please let me know the results.

thanks,

Sean

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
It was better fro a while then the past several days it seems to have slowed and asks me to vote!!

Same safari and OS 10.4.11

Asher

nicolas claris

As I am unable to test this combo, at this point I want to double check you cache has been cleared. Go to Safari->Clear Cache or whatever it is and clear the cache, then close down Safari and start it again. Then please let me know the results.

Yes Sean, I do that all day long for testingg website too!

I know, Safari is a pain… but IE too ;-)

To All Whom Are Having Issues,

I have just modified some of the settings for the site. After refreshing your browser window (and perhaps clearing your cache) can you please see if anything changed.

thanks,

Sean

nicolas claris

To All Whom Are Having Issues,

I have just modified some of the settings for the site. After refreshing your browser window (and perhaps clearing your cache) can you please see if anything changed.

thanks,

Sean
Cleaned the cache, quit and restart Safari under Leopoard latest V.

Forum pages a bit longer to display but still acceptable from here across the Ocean.

Will get back after click on the 3submit Reply"…

Tatatata!