• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A leaning window frame...

Cem_Usakligil

in an upside-down house:

hanny_window.jpg

Some post processing in PS to add grain, film effects, local contrast, etc.

Do you like it? C&C is welcome, as usual...

Regards,

Cem

janet Smith

pro member
Do you like it?

I like it very much, I particularly like the rather bemused expression of the woman, she seems out of place there and yet just right there. The relaxed pose works perfectly with the hand dangling and the other supporting her head. I like the contradiction between all the hard lines and her mop of curls and flowery top, I wonder if it would have worked so well if she wasn't wearing glasses, which repeat the shapes of the frame and the window? Clever, works for me, does the lady like it?

janet Smith

pro member
LOL! The lady, Hanny, likes it very much indeed. I know so since she happens to be my beloved wife coincidentally

What a bonus husbands/wifes are that are happy to be photographed, my husband Paul ends up in lots of my landscapes, funnily they seem to sell better with him in!! Hope you've printed this one of Hanny on your new printer for her.....

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Cem,

The angle makes it interesting and the leaning figure clinches this as it's in the right direction. This is a great project but can be explored further. This is what Picasso did. These can be jouneys not necessarily destinations, just resting points along the way.

You could work with this. For example perhaps enlarge the wall but keep the window the same size. Place the window is in the botton left hand corner of a much much larger sloping wall!

Rule of 2/3 then for placement.

Just an idea!

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

Cem,

The angle makes it interesting and the leaning figure clinches this as it's in the right direction. This is a great project but can be explored further. This is what Picasso did. These can be jouneys not necessarily destinations, just resting points along the way.

You could work with this. For example perhaps enlarge the wall but keep the window the same size. Place the window in the botton left hand corner of a much much larger sloping wall!

Rule of 2/3 then for placement.

Just an idea!

Asher
All very good ideas Asher, thanks. Naturally, I have taken some more pictures at that same location (with and without models in them), maybe I should show some of them as well?

Cheers,

Cem

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this a lot Cem. Your title for the post is a very good one too. It lets me see different angles or views than what really might be there. Meaning, depending on how my brain receives it, she could actually be laying on the roof in a skylight opening with you shooting upwards from the floor. Very interesting.
James

Cem_Usakligil

Thanks James for your kind comments.

I know that it will dismantle the mystery, but here are some other shots taken at the same location:

lean2.jpg

lean3.jpg

lean4.jpg

lean5.jpg

Cheers,

Cem

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Cem

A quite bizzare, hence interesting location! The women/girls look like having good time!

Of course the first picture is most interesting…

Without the other pics of the serie I would have think that the lady was lying on the floor and that behind her in BG was the ceiling!

Anyway that fake perception is interesting to me, If I may ask/say I would have liked (it's not too late! and is "PPable" easily in CS) to have a plain color in the BG only and see some variations of this color ala Andy Warhol.

All variations pictures being shown together…

just some thoughts