• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Bags under eyes

Nill Toulme

I just learned this one and I'm so tickled with it I have to share it. For quick and easy eyebag removal, use the patch tool. Draw around one "bag" area with the tool in one motion, then drag the selected area down onto the cheek. Then do Edit/Fade Patch Selection to taste to produce a more credible result, and repeat for the other eye.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

Cem_Usakligil

Great tip Nill, thanks for that.
As a coincidence, I have used the very same method to correct the runny eye and cheek of a cat's whose portrait was taken by the loving owner/servant of the beast.
It worked perfectly despite all that hair (LOL).

Cheers,

Cem

Nill Toulme

Example, done very quickly and with little care:

eyes1.jpg

eyes2.jpg

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Wow - Thanks for sharing that. I was using the healing brush tool - will have to try it! I have a slew of images to do that with! Yippee!

Aida BGAgraphix

pro member
This trick can be used , but I would suggest clonning into a new layer and adjusting opacity.

I think the results are better. Keep in mind that if the pores are very visible, it might not look good.

The high-end method is to dodge and burn , so that the shadows of the dark cicles must dissapear. This takes a lot of time, and it's used for adds or big files that need to keep every pore in its place.

I would like to underline that is very important to NOT remove all wrinkles. The goal is to retouch keeping the persons characterictics, adjusting opacity to let the wrinkles be visible a little. ( so you did a good thing by fading).

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Nill,

A good quick result. Still, I use a combintion of your method in one layer and the image selectively re-illuminated in another. I blend so it's perfect and put it aside.

When I return I blend in as much of the orginal bags as possible, maybe just 7% sometimes it may go to 75%! One needs to step away so as to reset one's brain as to what is normal.

The great thing about your method is that it's fast and goes a long way to making older women delighted. Younger women get just as happy, but need jewelry!

Asher