• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Grab it when you can

Just another day on the beach, and a funny coincidence in business....

Recently we had some local nutjobs, nicknamed locally "Mc Swine", pestering the beach with 2 stroke quad bikes. A long story made short.... VICTORY... after a near fight with 3 of them, I decided I had enough and contacted the county council. This way I got a contact to the environmental line manager, very nice chap, and as a result there will be an ugly but much needed post on the parking area that reads "NO QUADBIKES - Offenders will be prosecuted."

So what's that to do with business. Just bare with me. LOL

A day after that, last sunday I walked there again, pondering about my little enterprise and what way to get some business in, when I saw some chaps with "blow carts" setting up their gear. Essentially this is a stearable three wheeler with a sail attached, easily reaching speeds of 45mph. Fascinated by them I started chatting with one of the guys who invited me to try it, and of course I did that. I am hooked, I will get one for myself one of these days. Amazing fun and a very easy way to exercise the dog when I am old and arthritic. LOL

So what about business now?

It turned out that this chap never had been here before, in fact I never saw those carts before either, and not only is he a trainer and manufacturer of them, he was looking for a beach to hold a gathering and eventually championships. So he was asking me what I think abotu the chances of getting permission on such an event. I asked him about insurance and other stuff involved, got his business card and promised to get back to him on that. In this context I was asking him what he would think to have a local artist as the event photographer for such gathering or even championship, he could provide a next day service in terms of excellent print outs up t0 24" wide if desired and probably would shoot the event for a reasonable fee per day.

He said that to be a nice idea, and that everyone could throw in some money to pay the fee and then it is up to the individual to arrange prints and pay for them. Then he wanted to know who that is and wether I know him to get in contact. ....<grins>....

So here closes the cycle, I contacted the environmental line manager in county council and won his support for the idea, brought him together with the blow cart chap and now it is up to them to organise something.

Look forward to shooting that in deed!

P.S.

Now I know why OPF is so nurishing. LOL

While writing this down here, I had the right idea to maximise this. I did send both of them an email with contact details to bring them together and also attached some memories in form of my beach photographs. The line manager has them as well og course, and I will pop into him and have another chat. I am sure he will be approached by others for similiar events, and I will leave my business card with him....

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Congrats!

Make it into a beech festival with other activities such as pony rides, face painting etc. The locals will love it! Just make sure you get it in writing that you are the official photographer and manager!

Asher

Hi Georg,

It must be destiny. Sounds like a great opportunity, congrats. Do keep us posted on the developments, and I'm already looking forward to the photo's ...

Bart