• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Orphan Threads! TAKE A LOOK!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Have you ever been upset that your great post is unsanswered for some time? That's happened to me and I know it's an issue for us all. But ask yourself, when did you last take the extra 30 seconds to read posts with 0 or just a few replies? Sometimes this will be something you really enjoy. So why not do a quick check before you sign out, "Are there any orphans?" that need some attention!

I try not to comment extensively right off and perhaps bias other remarks. So don't rely on me to be the guy to always serve the drinks and feed the guests. If you lurk, as many do, pitch in!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Just a reminder!

Think about it. We are in a party and someone comes in with a bottle of wine and nobody aknowledges that or says "Hi, glad you arrived, now let's see what this wine tastes like?"

Yes, you can have an opinion, it's part of us all making better pictures ourselves. If something is just not good or boring, then say what's wrong, if you can think of it or find something else to comment on. Above all keep the wine flowing,

Thanks,

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

...We are in a party and someone comes in with a bottle of wine and nobody aknowledges that or says "Hi, glad you arrived, now let's see what this wine tastes like?"...
Unless of course if it is an AA party (LOL).
But I agree with the point you are trying to make Asher. It would be nice if we could have a quick link to the unanswered threads. One has to do an advanced search now with the option "at most 0 replies". Just an idea...

Cheers,

Cem

Asher Kelman

Just a reminder! Acknowledge other photographer's work. One minute of your time and honest feedback prevents good photographs becoming forgotten orphans.

We notice this when our own work is ignored. Take a moment to go backwards in time and pick a photograph that you like and write a word or two. By giving feedback and critique we all have a reading on what reactions to our work might be. See what goodies have been left behind and forgotten!

If it's your own picture, let me know!

Thanks,

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

Just a reminder! Acknowledge other photographer's work. One minute of your time and honest feedback prevents good photographs becoming forgotten orphans.

We notice this when our own work is ignored.
Take a moment to go backwards in time and pick a photograph that you like and write a word or two. By giving feedback and critique we all have a reading on what reactions to our work might be. See what goodies have been left behind and forgotten!

If it's your own picture, let me know!

Thanks,

Asher
This is spot on! I try to be as proactive as possible not only because I am a moderator but mainly because I don't want anybody to get disappointed due to a lack of reaction.

Cheers,

Asher Kelman

Please look for pictures that have not been responded too. That really helps make the community work? It's like hugging your mum or feeding the kitten!

Asher