• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Fish

Brandon Jones

here are some pretty fish i took a picture of... comments always welcome

DSCN0508.jpg

BJ

Will Thompson

Well Known Member
Hi Brandon.

This is a good example of how my favorite "do it to every photo" Photo Shop adjustment AUTO CONTRAST can give a photo that extra punch if it needs it.

Here is an example using your photo:

DSCN0508-a.jpg

What do you think?

How is the color?

Brandon,

May I inquire, what were you thinking about the picture as you pushed the shutter? Will Thompson, increased the contrast; that's one approach. I like the muted tones in your original. Maybe you could play with the sturation a bit, to your taste. In photoshop, it would be relatively straight forward to remove some of the distracting elements, such as the foam and whiter fish. The picture is reminicient of painted screens I have seen in the orient. I am imagining this now, but I think that one could make use of the clone tools in photoshop to the extend and "correct" the pattern.
What do you think?

Brandon Jones

Well what i was thinking was.. " ooooooo fish!!" im a pretty spontanious person and if i see something that i like i try to get a decent angle with the shot. i like what will T did with the shot... but i am always open to try new things and learn new things, most of the stuff i have done with photoshop is not what photoshop was intended for, for example this image here i made with photoshop, photoshop is usually ment for altering photos and not creating art but making photos better. that being said im not really good at altering the appearence of pictures. however i really want to learn how to, this is one reason i'm taking a photo manipulation/photo art class this summer.

circlecopy.jpg