• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

I'm back and looking for advice on Yellowstone National Park!

Matthew Desmond

hey everyone,
Ive been gone for a long time (year maybe two?)
I changed my major so im not a photography major any more (culinary arts now).
But I still love shooting and this summer im going to wyoming (yellowstone) to work at a resort as a cook, but while im there im taking my film cameras lots and lots of rolls and my digital camera...and im going to shoot alot while im there.

I guess i wanted to ask if anyone has been there and has any suggestions of things i should shoot.

Last edited by a moderator:
This should be a great experience!

My wife were out in that area for about 2 weeks last June, including Glacier and Grand Teton National Parks in addition to Yellowstone. Awesome places! I have some information and pictures on my website here, which might provide some ideas of locations to consider. I've included Google Earth files, to indicate where images were taken.

http://www.dlcphoto.com/Parks07-Birds/Parks07-Birds.htm

Always check with the local photographers and rangers as you encounter them, as they'll know where the prime locations are to find various species.

Here are a few shots from Yellowstone:

1D2_04191.jpg

1D2_04193.jpg

1D2_04279.jpg

Have fun!

Steve Robinson

Well, let's hope they give you some time off to go shoot. Almost anywhere inside YNP you'll find something worth wasting a few rolls of film on, I know I have. There are the major sites like Old Faithful, the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, Mammoth Hot Springs, and the Lamar Valley. If you like landscape and wildlife photography, you'll have a great time. Ask me how I know. I live 4 hours away.

265007905_TfUZT-O.jpg

246616911_Xiur9-O.jpg

241866399_NQAi6-O.jpg