• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The OPF 50 States Project

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
I've been thinking about some good photo projects and this one just came to me.

While we are all from many places in this world made smaller by airlines and boats that get us to new destinations so easily, how many places in the USA have you been to? How many photographs do you have to share? I'd be willing to put together a Blurb book and include an image of yours to create the 50 States and many Nations project for OPF. I would need an image from you with permission to put it in the book. With Blurb, I can create a store to sell the books. Then we can elect to donate the profits. I would make a committee to make the decisions. You hold your own copywrite. Donate the profit - see the world of OPF!

241391208_QaxLU.jpg

Cem_Usakligil

That's a great idea Kathy. I'll gladly donate any worthy pohoto's I'll make during our upcoming trip to 4 of the 50 States (California, Arizona, Nevada and New York).

Cheers,

Cem

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Wonderful!

Okay - so let's target June 30th of submissions. If you are not in the USA, then of course we still want to inlcude your entries. I think we will call it the OPF Hometown Project.

Please post your entries here in the thread and then email your images to me at kathy@flashfrozenphotography.com

I will create a book via Blurb so that anyone wanting to puchase it can do that. The cost of the book will depend on the number of pages and the number of entries.

I will devote two pages to an index and copyright info. I have no problem with Asher writing an introduction. As for the charity we will donate proceeds to - Asher and I will be getting together and we can determine something that would serve our photographic community.

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Good point - Bart - thanks for that. 300 ppi - and they will be resized for the page. I will not color correct anything you send me unless you tell me to Auto Color it.

Good point - Bart - thanks for that. 300 ppi - and they will be resized for the page. I will not color correct anything you send me unless you tell me to Auto Color it.

I see they offer 4 sizes, with the actual images often being a bit smaller. Which size is it going to be? Bigger might sell better if the images are of good enough quality, standard 8x10in portrait book size might offer room for 2 landscapes/page or 1 portrait, while standard landscape only allows 1 landscape or 2 small portraits.

Bart

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Blurb They will be announcing some new products in the next few weeks and will have a new division so I want to wait to make the determination. Probably will go with the 8x10 landscape if we were to pick today but it will depend on what images are submitted as well.

Brandon Jones

Great idea!

Chatkat... This is a really good idea... i live in missouri... i will see what i can do to find somewhere to get a few images that represent or at least say missouri... right now the Mississippi is flooded where i am, so i may be able to get a few shots of that floodyness

BJ

janet Smith

pro member
If you are not in the USA, then of course we still want to inlcude your entries. I think we will call it the OPF Hometown Project

Hi Kathy

Love the idea and I would like to make a submission, sorry if I'm being dense here, but please clarify are you wanting photographs just of the USA or photographs of 'Hometowns' from around the world?