• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Aspen Buds

Steve Robinson

I've been a bit jumpy because of some medication I've been taking so I'm glad that my K10 has SR built in. It's also windy today, but I went into my front yard and pointed the camera in the general vicinity of the aspens there. C&C always welcome. Thanks for looking.

K10D, DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, 135mm, 1/1250 @ f/4, ISO 100, center crop.

269875596_2wVjv-O-1.jpg

Last edited:

Ray West

Hi Steve,

Thanks for posting these. In particular, thanks for giving the exposure details. If folk do not give the basic information, there is little anyone else can learn from the image.

It reminds me that spring is sort of coming, but that it has been a bit blowy. (at least in the UK, where are you?)

For some reason ;-) the bottom one reminds me of 'the muppet show'

Best wishes,

Ray

Steve Robinson

Hi Ray,

Thank you for the reply. I live in Billings, MT, where we can have spring one day and back to winter the next. We've had frost as late as the end of May and as early as the beginning of September. Hopefully this will not be one of those years. Thanks for looking.

janet Smith

pro member
I've been a bit jumpy because of some medication I've been taking so I'm glad that my K10 has SR built in.

Hi Steve

Hope you don't mind that I've had a bit of a play with your buds....!

Here they are I've adjusted shadow/highlight just a tad, had a very gentle dodge on the branches and the buds, and sharpened a bit.

What do you think?, just wanted to make a suggestion or two for you, only quickly done, rushing as usual!? Hope your medication problems ease up for you soon.....

OPF.jpg

Steve Robinson

Jan, thanks for the "bit of a play" on my image. I have a lot to learn about adjusting Lightroom's tonal curve and other adjustments and I can see the difference a little sharpening can make. I appreciate your taking the time to show me how to improve.