• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

well - a self"portrait" . . . . :-)

Klaus Esser

pro member
. . of me.
1980 in my 2nd studio in Duesseldorf. Shot with a Hasselblad/Polaback using a selftimer and "printed" on a Xerox LaserCopier.
klausicut.jpg

best, Klaus

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I find it impressive. You should make it life size!

It is interesting a looks like a lynching without us seeing the noose. However, we can see the wires that control the noose. The powerpack serves as a counterweight to the delciateness of the upward movement.

To say this is important would require siblings to this picture or more information on your intent, so they can be placed in some artistic context. If you have anything to add, that would be helpful

Asher

Klaus Esser

pro member
I find it impressive. You should make it life size!

It is interesting a looks like a lynching without us seeing the noose. However, we can see the wires that control the noose. The powerpack serves as a counterweight to the delciateness of the upward movement.

To say this is important would require siblings to this picture or more information on your intent, so they can be placed in some artistic context. If you have anything to add, that would be helpful

Asher

Hi Asher, hi Rachel!

That was just a joke - i started the self-timer and counted the seconds and jumped. The third pola was the match.
It was in the middle of the night, i had cleaned up the studio for a job next day and had my new lightbox attached to the rails on the ceiling (the box was painted black on the outside the next day) and Keith Jarred played the "Köln Concert" on the hifi. Good feeling, good mood.

A friend found the copy last weekend - i gave it to her a week after the shot back in 1980.

best, Klaus

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Ha! Keith Jarred's "Köln Concert"

A masterpiece !
Good reminder, I'll give it some time listening tonight, thanks Klaus…

Klaus Esser

pro member
Ha! Keith Jarred's "Köln Concert"

A masterpiece !
Good reminder, I'll give it some time listening tonight, thanks Klaus…

You´re welcome! :)

In 1980 i used Quad electrostatic speakers driven by an Audio Research tube power-amp.
They sounded so great in this big and nearly empty room . . . (180qm) . .
Great music. Try McCabe´s recording of Eric Satie´s "Trois Gymnopedies" too!
Takes you away . . :)

best, Klaus