• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hello from Minnesota

Arvid Holt

Hello! As can be seen above, my name is Arvid. We live about 50 miles west of Minneapolis, MN. We are retired and I just turned 77 this month (March). I started taking pictures many years ago (box camera days) but never became really serious until about seven years ago when the digital world opened up for me. No more waiting for pictures to be developed and then finding out that I goofed.

I like taking pictures of wildlife and flowers. Now, that is going from one extreme to another, isn’t it? Flowers are rather patient with me while I get set up while I have to be the patient one with wildlife. Both are challenging in their own way. Many pictures are on our website if you are interested.

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Arvid,

I am very pleased that you've decided to join OPF. I hope, no strike that, I am sure that you'll enjoy it here. There is much to be learnt here for everyone be it a novice or an expert. So please feel free to jump into any discussions or to ask questions in related forums.

BTW, congratulations with your recent birthday. 77 is a very respectable age; I wish I can be as active, productive and happy as you seem to be when I get there.

I have taken a short look at your web site, will visit later for looking better. I think that both flowers and wildlife are very challenging subjects. You seem to be doing quite well yourself :).

Cheers,

Cem