• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Are these bugs ? Delete & Copy image files

Two issues that bother me related to split file writing;

1. Now that my shiny new 1DsIII can write CR2 to one card and JPG to another, I use this to put large JPEG proofs on an SD card and the CR2s on the CF. Great.

Except that the Delete function only works on the card that you have chosen to review from. Annoying as you have to then manually go and delete just those files on the other card that you already chose to delete at shooting time.

Is this a bug ? I have not reported it to Canon directly as I am not sure if it is a bug or a feature. Either way it annoys me.

2. Copy on type of file from card to card; When I have only shot a few images in a folder and they are split between the two cards I would like to "merge" them back onto the SD card for simple reading into my laptop which has an SD slot but not CF.

The camera complains that images with those names already exist (one by one) and should they be replaced. I have not yet experimented if the files with a different extenstion in the destination folder do actually get deleted before the source is copied, but should this message actually occur ?

Opinions welcome, before I phone Canon and report - not that in the UK they take "bug" reports even with professional equipment seriously. They just tend to say "that's the way it works" and refuse to open a real problem ticket. At least that's how t has been.

I am leaning for the first being a feature as far as I am concerned. But then I shoot CR2 to my CF card and small jpeg to SD card and can do an entire shoot without changing out the SD card.

Also handy if doing PJ work and the security idiot says delete the images, and you can say okay and show him that you are "deleting" them from the card. Unless they actually know that your camera has two cards...

And no opinion on #2.