• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hello from Corsica

Michel BRAUD

I discovered this forum yesterday and wish to introduce myself.

I have started photography when I was fifteen with a Kodak Retinette. I worked during my school holidays to buy my first enlarger and my first SLR an Edixa Prismat LTL with Komura lens, that was a long time ago !

Since then my work brought me all over the world with many different cameras 6x6, 6x9, 4x5, I have left some Leicas and an Hasselblad.
But up to now I didn’t step into digital (exception made for a small TZ3) because I didn’t find quality and price to my test. I didn’t find the technology mature enough but time has changed that.
Digital storage bothers me a lot as well as fast obsolescence and reliability. But I am prepared now to get into it with a cheap body on which I could fit my lenses, as over the years I spent so much on gear and want to keep going with what I have. I won’t mind changing the camera every four to five years but not the lenses as I am pleased with what I have for now.
I am then lurking on the new Canon 450D with a mount adapter for my Leica lenses.

Any style of photography has my interest, even the ones I cannot practice, but what I love best is when a photography tells an aesthetic story.

I gave up long ago my darkroom except for film/slides treatment, and replaced it with a 17x22 printer with different scanners.

Michel

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Bonsoir again Michel
I have just answered to your post in the Canon - Other Eos DSLRs/Have you tried thread…

Where are you located in Corsica? This is one of the most beautifull island in the world! (and I've seen a lot!) I particularly like inside the isle, even if the west and South-East coast are gorgeous…

Do you have a website were we could see some of your images?

You're also welcome to post images in the different threads that fit your style (s) and subject(s)…

Un nouveau français sur OPF, c'est sympa!

Cem_Usakligil

...Un nouveau français sur OPF, c'est sympa!...
Salut!

Very nice indeed, unless of course the Corsican person takes any offence in being referred to as a Frenchman! (LOL). Michel, please understand that I am attempting at a feeble joke here :).

Welcome to OPF. Enjoy and please take part in any discussions you are interested in.

Amicalement,

Cem

Michel BRAUD

Thanks for your warm welcome, I live in Ajaccio, lucky enough to face the sea with wonderful sunsets.
Nicolas, as you said the place is beautiful either in land or on the costline but not that easy to photograph, though there is no complain :)

I will look here for the most appropriate forum to post some pictures taken from my favorit spot, I mean my balcony :)

I have no site, probably too lazy to make one while the idea is long ago in my thoughts, I spend my days of work on a computer and when I have a bit of spare time I feel better out.... with a camera if possible.

Yet another warm welcome from me Michel. One of the many great things about this forum, for me anyway, is the wonderful assortment of international members. It gives me an opportunity to talk with and learn from people all around the world in places I will most likely never see personally. It makes the world a much smaller place here in my den.
By the way, I was raised in a small town in Texas named Corsicana.
Welcome to the forum.
James Newman