• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Europe job.

Paul Bestwick

pro member
Hi all,

I am in Europe in a few weeks time shooting a job. While there, I am looking for a few more reasons to claim tax concessions. So, I intend to visit a few photographers.
France, Germany,Switzerland, Austria, Prague, north of Italy are locations on the agenda. Are you there ?If so, Josie & I would like to drop in for a coffee & check out your work.

Cheers,

Paul

(maybe North part of Spain too)

Paul Bestwick

pro member
Ok.... I already have one contact for my trip. Nicolas Claris who I am very excited that I we will be meeting up with. Keep the replies coming !!!

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
USA

In The States we can't deduct foreign travel unless the sole purpose of the trip is for business. We have to be able to prove the purpose of our visits. Of course if we were to deduct it, we'd have a chance of audit of about 5%. It's a dicey proposition. But it is fun at least. Happy Travels.

Paul Bestwick

pro member
Same here which is why I am making arrangements in advance. My Paris shoot accounts for about 5 days & the rest I will work out.

Michael Fontana

pro member
Hi mate

yep, would be fine; do you know more about the time?
I've some projects running...

With the TGV-train, its about 3 h from Paris...

Paul Bestwick

pro member
Hey Michael,

I plan on being in Switzerland around the end of the first week of May..... or there abouts. Nothing firm as we will be very flexible regarding the places we visit.
Will keep you posted.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Paul!

I'll be shooting offshore from Wednesday to Sunday night, but after next Sunday we can try to meet, will you be able to check mails? or PM me a mobile # so we can exchange SMS…

Paul Bestwick

pro member
hey Nicolas,

yea I will be in Paris from Wednesday to Monday & then I am heading towards Switzerland via your region so I will email you or as you suggested SMS.

Paul Bestwick

pro member
Paris

Apologies to Michael & Nicolas that I did not make it to see you guys. We did not make it to your regions..... Having said that, we really enjoyed France & Switzerland was unbelievable, what a place.
The wedding shoot in Paris was a blast. Here is an image from the day.
ParisA.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Paul,

I'm sorry you didn't manage to meet more of our guys! Still this picture is wonderful! can we have it a little larger and are their others, I love this, Tell us more about the shoot!

Did they have any idea that you will do this? Was this sketched by you? Is it something that one does and is known? How did this come about?

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Apologies to Michael & Nicolas that I did not make it to see you guys. We did not make it to your regions..... Having said that, we really enjoyed France & Switzerland was unbelievable, what a place.
The wedding shoot in Paris was a blast. Here is an image from the day.
ParisA.jpg

Yes very nice image indeed! I guess it is the "Pyramide du Louvre"…

Too bad we missed, but I know that when travelling, you can't go everywhere and have to make choices… Next time!

Paul Bestwick

pro member
Asher the shoot in Paris was very cool. It was a big deal for us. This was a couple that I shot a wedding for in Australia. They live in London & I suggested that some shots in Paris could be fantastic. So, at my own expense, Josie & I flew to Paris to create a few more images, the purpose being to come up with something a little different to the opposition & to further enhance the reputation of Studio 58 as the number 1 studio in my state.
Well it is one thing to conceive the idea & the outworking is the true test. From my perspective it is mission accomplished. I created a number of images with four in particular which made it worth my while to be there. A long way to travel for four shots........ or an opportunity to create 4 shots that no one else can do....... depends on how you view it !
None of the ideas were pre conceived, to shoot these shots at the Lourve is not allowed either. No this shot just happened... as they do.
lourve2.jpg

Paul Bestwick

pro member
yea it is hard when there are so many options & another person to consider as well. Anyhow, next time.
There is still much to see in your part of the world.
Yea....... sounds crazy but that shot is worth the cost of the flight.