• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

spirit and me!

Maria Lawson

THis is not just an animal.. he is literally one of my best friends. I dont get to see that often because I am away at college, so the little time I see him are some of the best days I have...so I documented them.. let me know what you think :)
2270127247_8bf80aa457.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray West

Hi Maria,

I'm guessing that is you and your horse, so who took the photo? Not much use saying what is right or wrong with the photo, if the copyright owner/photographer is not present on opf.

wrt the documenting, then that is a good idea, provided you get the good and the bad times, else you are creating a fairy story ;-)

Best wishes,

Ray

Ray West

Hi Maria,

No problem, thanks for replying. I'm no expert on horses, or much else, but I think some processing to bring out some shadow detail, increase the contrast, whatever. I'm guessing, if it is part of a series, a documentation of a friendship, that composition, etc. does not assume great importance. If you and the photographer are happy with it, then that is really all that matters. If you intend for a wider appreciative audience, then you may need to work harder at it, the posing, the photography, etc..

There is a number of things I like about it (but I don't like the 'like' word). So, for me some good points-

a) backlighting of your hair and edge of horse's ear.
b) interesting lines/ takes my eye around, your hair and the horse's
c) the sort of line up of your eye and the white patch on the horse's nose

some I'm not so sure about
a) cropped off ear of horse
b) your face in shade, eye-white, skin texture, etc.
c) can't decide where eye of the horse is, due to shadow
d) there is a sort of balance to the image, it would take me a while to define what I mean about that.

Anyone else?

Best wishes,

Ray