• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Jack Rabbit tonight -

Jaime Johnson

Canon 1D Mark III / 500mm f4 IS

041008-Jack-01.jpg

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
My house

You must be in my neighborshood - I live in a n area called the Conejo Valley - Conejo is Spanish for Rabbit. Full of those guys who love to eat my geraniums. I could never get a photo of them - the dogs would try to give chase

Nice shot. I would like to see the full image too.

John_Nevill

Jaime,

I like the pose, but feel there needs to be a bit more light in the eye, as its stand one tends to focus on the brow and nose. What do you think?

John_Nevill

Jaime,

Much better!

For close work I like to use a Stofen on a 580EX and underexpose the flash by 1.3stops. This would add a catchlight in the eye without effecting the overall exposure.

Although depending upon the animal (cats in particular), its too easy to get retina bounce and then the subject looks alien. Perhaps a small reflector or off lens axis flash would be enough to throw some light back in. Easier said than done with wild animals though.