• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Grand Central Terminal

Jeff Donovan

New York City, right before rush hour.

280717369_Gra49-S.jpg

Six second exposure at f/11, ISO 80.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Jeff,

Delightful photograph. It could be larger! So many people hardly moves in 8 seconds! I like slow exposures since they get rid of a lot of unimportant transient detail and in addition you have achieved a painterly look which is intriguing. Seems to be a lot of green in the light to nice effect. I do miss the rest of the grand scene. The window top and roof are missing! Do you have more so you can stitch. Again I long for excess coverage. I always try to take adjacent shots generously at the same settings. It takes a few secs and can make a picture exceptional.

In any case you have a fine subject and technic. Can you do more? This scene calls for a grand view. It's very worthwhile.

Asher

BTW: I thought, hmm this was taken with the Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ-303 and lens filters. So I asked myself, why 3 filters? ND so you can use a slow shutter speed? Then I realized you are listing your gear, LOL! That list is better in your profile. I'd still like to know which camera you used!