• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Sinar Hy6 Camera - New Firmware Updater 2.09

Sinar is pleased to announce that a tool to update the firmware of the Sinar Hy6 is now available.

Registered users can download the Sinar Hy6 Firmware Updater from the Sinar website free of charge (www.sinarcameras.com <http://www.sinarcameras.com/> : Downloads / Software).

The firmware updater allows to easily install the latest firmware – version 2.09 – onto the user's Sinar Hy6. Cameras currently featuring firmware version 2.05 and higher can be updated.

With firmware version 2.09 some new features are introduced and several bugs of earlier versions are fixed. The most important improvements are the following:

– The Sinar Hy6 now supports also multi-shot captures.

– The user can assign some of the functions to one dedicated soft-key.

– The operation of the control wheels on the camera's grip can be locked by one push of a button.

– Aperture values of lenses with manual focus and a maximum aperture not corresponding to a full EV (e.g. f3.5) are now read correctly.

Please note that to perform the firmware update currently a USB-cable (Type A/mini-AB) is required. Later on, it is planned to perform the update through the firewire cable of the attached Sinarback.

The Sinar Hy6 Firmware Updater is currently available for Apple Macintosh computer. In a few weeks a version for Windows PC will also be available.

More detailed information about all the improvements included in firmware version 2.09 can be found in the respective ReadMe file.

Best regards,
Thierry

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Thanks for the info Thierry

I did the update and it ran smoothly…

I'll have to check whats good and new for me…