• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hello everyone!

Hello there, my name is Chris and this is the first photography related forum I've joined. I look forward to logging in and reading photography related articles that may help me develope as an artist. I am a student majoring in business and minoring in photography as of right now. I've always been fascinated with pictures since I could remember. But coming from a lower middle class family, I was unable to fool around with camera's (because film did not come cheap) until my father bought a digital camera. I fooled around with his Canon XTi for aproximately two years until I recieved my own Nikon d200 recently. Thanks for reading, I look forward to reading everyone else's postings!

-Chris

Ray West

HiChris,

You've joined at a very interesting time. Welcome. Please post some pictures - anything - but say what it is meant to be, 'cos some of old foreigners get very confused by you youngsters.

Best wishes,

Ray

Ray West

I don't want to steal Chris's introduction post, but I can blame Rachel for bringing this up - the following is true.

In Bristle, there was a Jazz club, called 'The Old Granary', which I used to frequent, about 40 years ago, or so... Anyway, some new management took over, and the existing staff, waitresses, etc., knew they did not know much about the business. The manager spent about three hours one morning, phoning around agents asking for a particular band. One of the waitresses had left a reminder for them to order some new crockery, a piece of paper with 'Glasses and Ashtrays' written on it.

Not many people know that....

Best wishes,

Ray

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Chris,

Welcome to another Californian! Great to have your pictures here! Jump right in. Interesting street shot!

Asher