• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Posting pictures?

Hello,
I joined this forum yesterday and I've been trying to post a photograph with my thread (I haven't done this yet) but I can't get attachments to work! At the bottom left of each page are the posting rules, and here it says, 'you may not post attachments' Does anybody know why? Am I missing something here? I thought posting work was one of the points of this forum.
Help please.
Jeffrey.

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Jeffrey,

Welcome to OPF, I hope you'll enjoy it here. All you need to know about posting pictures is explained here. See particularly the part "Getting picture in post"

Hello Cem,
Thank you for your quick reply. I'm not sure what you mean by 'needing the image hosted somewhere'. Does this mean I'm restricted to images I have on my web-site etc.? Can't I upload an image from my computer?
Jeffrey.

Cem_Usakligil

Hello Cem,
Thank you for your quick reply. I'm not sure what you mean by 'needing the image hosted somewhere'. Does this mean I'm restricted to images I have on my web-site etc.? Can't I upload an image from my computer?
Jeffrey.
It is exactly right, I'm afraid. Here at OPF we do not host images, yet. It will eventually happen since Asher is already looking into this. When that will be, I cannot say though.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jeffrey,

Most folks here use one or other free hosting services for their images! Are you having problems in finding one?

Asher

Jeffrey,
Welcome to OPF. I had similar questions when I signed on but there are other reasons to be here than to post photos (IMHO) and they include ideas from others, advice on photography (cuz we can never know everything), friendly chat and especially the knowledge that there are lots of us out here in cyberspace who love taking photos and discussing them. Good to see new names in the posts.
Chuck