• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Wolf today - 5/4

Jaime Johnson

Canon 1dMIII / Canon 500mm f4 IS
050408-Wolf-01.jpg

Mike Spinak

pro member
I like it. It shows the wolf well, and the yellow eyes with the black face is dramatic.

It looks like this wolf just heard something behind your left shoulder.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Canon 1dMIII / Canon 500mm f4 IS
050408-Wolf-01.jpg

This pleases me so much, Jaime! I love that wolf shown in the hardly imaged grass. The position of the head is remarkable, as our master nature whisperer, Mike Spinak, points out. This picture records the alert "wolfness" of the magnificent creature.

Thanks for sharing and see if there are cubs around too!

Asher

Awww! :)

From arctic tundra to forest, prairie, and arid landscapes, they can reach a speed in short sprints of up to a mindblowing max of 70km/h. They can travel distances of 200 km in a single day, but what always fascinated me the most is their highly evolved social structure.

Wonderful; Thanks Jamie & Lisa!

If I could do that, I would hop on the next plane and beg you on my knees to take me with you on a trip to see them and take pictures. ;)

Jaime Johnson

We have the wolves figured out -

We see them almost every time we go looking - not always close, but they are awesome. We love them almost as much as the grizzlies!

050408-Wolf-05.jpg