• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Rolleiflex Hy6 system views (continued)

Theodore Diehl

To switch orientation of the filmback, slide this button first and pull the back STRAIGHT out:
6.jpg

Replace in vertical position:
7.jpg

View from back with filmback changed:
8.jpg

It made no difference to me whether it was a Rollei or Sinar Hy6, they are the same; but actually Rollei had the entire (analogue) kit ready to go, whilst the Sinar had to be ordered in bits and pieces without definite delivery dates. Except one detail: The Rollei version, strangely enough, DOES NOT come with the vertical/horizontal silhouettes viewfinder glass, whereas the Sinar and Leaf versions do. It made my test films difficult to shoot. I hope Rollei addresses this, and it is in any case easy to fix.

I have put the info here for the filmback change, since it is not even properly described in the Rollei Hy6 quick user's guide (which is all you get!) and I actually had to use the PDF Sinar booklet to figure this out (as a newbie to MF to begin with!) In addition, the camera is so new that the dealers did not even know this was possible, despite the price tag.

I chose the AFD lens because I wanted to have the possibility to control all settings from either the computer or the grip. Claims are that the AFD lenses are better than the older AF ones, but I cannot vouch for that, as I never used the old ones!

<<<CONTINUED BELOW>>>