• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

32 bit program install issues with XP 64 bit

Paul Caldwell

I have successfully installed XP 64 bit, and it's up and stable.
However no matter what I do, I can't seem to get any of my 32 bit apps to install.

I understand that 64 bit XP will not see a 16 bit installer, but it should work with a 32 bit msi installer.

So far CS2, will not even start to install for me. I have tried to kick off the msi within the actual folder each time, but it just errors out. I have also noticed that any CD with a 32 bit applicaiton will read very very slow on this machine.

Any ideas, help? would be greatly appreciated.

Paul C.

Paul Caldwell

Well I can answer my own question, they load just like on 32 bit XP. I had a bad ide Cable and the DVD ROM wasn't working correctly. As I had never been in a 64 bit OS before I wasn't sure what to look for.

So far, PS 7.0 CS2, Sizefixer, Word all loaded cleanly and have so far run well.

NOTE, Adobe claims that CS2 will see 3Gb of usable ram, I can only see 2.7GB. However XP sees all 4 Gb of ram! What a first.

I took Adobe's tip and put PS 7.0 and CS2 in Progra~2 instead of Program Files (x86).

PFC