• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Opting to not see posts/threads!

Jack_Flesher

Asher:

I have a technical question. Like Ray, I come to OPF and click on "Recent Posts" to see what I've missed since my last visit. I find the "Still Photo" posts kind of out of context with the regular OPF threads, and am wondering if there is some custom setting that would allow me to keep them separated out of my "Recent Posts" view? Worst case, maybe there a way I can put "Still Photo" on "Ignore" so those posts don't clutter up the regular OPF posts? In short, I personally would like to have an easy way I could view OPF threads separately from the new Still Photo threads...

Thanks in advance for any advice,

PS: Just curious, what are the functions of an "Editor at Large" ?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Jack,

Think that this whole topic is important. I would hope that we only use the blocking features built into OPF for really unusual circumstances. Thus for example if I was offended by pictures of nudity and it was one person posting or else there was a guy posting snapshots everyday that really bothered me, then these poster can be simply blocked using the users preferences, under Users CP on the menu bar at the left.

I do not see a way yet for excluding an entire room in OPF but we'll ask the software guys. This would be valuable as a parental control although one has to be 13 years old to join OPF.

We do want to make the OPF experience friendly and convenient!

Asher

"Editor at Large" applies to photographers available to assist me in articles! The title has no administrator privileges.

Jack_Flesher

Well this seems out of context moved over here on it's own. I had asked the question in another thread where it seemed appropriate.

Too bad about the inability to separate the threads...

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
At this time, it's in both places! I start new posts on significant daughter topics! The other thread's focus is on the nature of posting photographs, here it's on improving the user experience which is a "Look and Feel" issue of OPF.