• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Continuous Ink Systems

John_Nevill

About a month ago I bought a Lyson "Cavepaint" CIS for my Espon 2100.

I have yet to install it (still waiting for the existing cartridges run out) and more importantly, I'm reluctant to use it as a friend of mine wrecked his R1800 print heads using one for ~6 months.

Added to this, I've also read a few threads on other forums where similar problems are aired.

Does anyone here use CIS? Are there any tips that one needs to follow? Are they a viable alternative?, or do I put it on ebay?

ericevans

Here's the deal . Buy a printer that has a larger cousin like a 9600/9800 and uses the same ink set . Buy the large 220ml ink cartridges and empty them into the bulk bottles . You now have a bulk system that uses the correct ink and will not clog the heads . It is as simple as that . I bought a bulk system for my 2200 and use the leftover ink from my 9600 cartridges and it works perfect . This is the only way to assure that you do not ruin a printer .