• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Carol

Olympus E3, Zuiko Digital 14-35mm F/2.0

5f5b2332c40c2bd98a0037d5517a54b76g.jpg

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
All I can say is that she wants to tell us something…
hmmm I'm affraid I got it!

Beautifully captured expression! I just wonder 'bout the color of her eyes… Not dark brown obviously!
Mrs Baumann perhaps?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Georg,

It's not often that we see a person in your photography. Carol's portrait obviously has in it special care and it shows. I like the signature tint and the tonalities.

I'd consider making the scarf more prominent.

Thanks for letting us in on this rare work of yours outside of landscape!

Asher

All I can say is that she wants to tell us something…
hmmm I'm affraid I got it!

Beautifully captured expression! I just wonder 'bout the color of her eyes… Not dark brown obviously!
Mrs Baumann perhaps?

Nope! I was nearly married to a Prof. of Arts in the USA, having learned my lesson, this will never happen again. ;)

Carol is Oceanviewstudio's Art Research Coordinator as well as our first Permanent Featured Artist. Carol is my business partner and we do all the shooting tours here together and have a great many plans for the future of OVS, which will reveal once our website goes online.

Blue eyes with a slight hint of green, yes, besides being an outstanding artist and great business partner, she is one of the most beautiful women I ever meet in deed. It is not only her outer shell, but the whole package, she has a heart greater than Mount Everest, talking of Everst, she does a climb to base camp this year to fundraise money for the street children of Kalcutta.

Besides all that I am lucky to say that she is a good friend, to me she is like a mixture of Maurice Ravel and Alexandre Scriabin, hence the processing.

Opus 72 vers la flamme Nicolas, vers la flamme ;o)

janet Smith

pro member
You are right, it is not often that I desire to shoot people, with Carol this was the case from day one, and luckily she agreed when we were walking on Dunfanaghy beach discussing business.

Hi Georg

Lovely to be able to see Carol, please say hello to her for me, like you I rarely photograph people, this is a lovely shot of her (well done) and I'm so glad to see that she doesn't resemble an Orang Utan at all, you devil you!!! LOLOLOLOL

fahim mohammed

hauntingly haunting...and somehow sad. lovers parting for don't know when they meet again.
ww2..sailing across the irish coast to join the platoon ready for battle.

excellent georg..haunting..i do not want to be reminded of those eyes!beautiful and haunting.

excellent.

excellent georg..haunting..i do not want to be reminded of those eyes!beautiful and haunting.

May this picture take away the haunted feeling I left with you Fahim. ;)

fccceed2191ade3781cda50b11e9f1896g.jpg

Like all outstanding artists, I think, they do have a great many sides, so does Carol. When we got to know eachother she was asking about my time with native americans and in a funny but respectful way she was asking what her name might have been, and spontaneously "speaks with the wind" came to my mind, and astonishingly enough this was something which I found "confirmed" in many ways later when we knew more about eachother. :)

d1d4b3a3f4b28d0aa7f76ea8d66224116g.jpg

66a9db4f27e5c53fe72a2dc5a87b9c1c6g.jpg

Charlotte Thompson

For me this shot shows a real woman in all of her beingness-nothing posed or plastic in nature
albeit nature Herself
what you have given us is real-and I for one as a female applaud you
I really like the last artsy shot gives us another dimension and is what I like to do as well
what an intresting series!

Charlotte