• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My garden this morning...

StuartRae

I took my 60mm macro into the garden this morning to see what I could find.

There were some forget-me-nots, no more than 1/2 cm across. I wasn't going to bother to post these until I noticed a tiny visitor on one of them.

IMG_1580-01.jpg

Then, a few seconds later, another visitor arrived.

IMG_1582-01.jpg

I also found:

A hover-fly (?)

IMG_1584-01.jpg

and a small spider hiding under a leaf.

IMG_1585-01.jpg

Regards,

Stuart

StuartRae

I also found.............

Some snail eggs

IMG_1587-01.jpg

a tiny spider the size of an ant

IMG_1589-01.jpg

and caught an intimate moment between two shield bugs.

IMG_1593-01.jpg

Regards,

Stuart

janet Smith

pro member
I took my 60mm macro into the garden this morning to see what I could find.

There were some forget-me-nots, no more than 1/2 cm across. I wasn't going to bother to post these until I noticed a tiny visitor on one of them.

Gosh Stuart! it's amazing what you can find in your own garden isn't it, and again you've captured another of my favourite flowers, I just love forget-me-nots!! The list of flowers I love seems to get longer and longer with every month, but this is in my top 5 favourite flowers. You've certainly captured some startling images here of the various bugs, very well done. Were you working hand held or on a tripod?

The challenge from my point of view with these tiny flowers is to try and maintain their delicacy, I've not got any forget-me-not shots I'm happy with yet, but rest assured I'll have another try!! Thanks for showing these Stuart....

StuartRae

Hi Jan,

Thanks for commenting.

Were you working hand held or on a tripod?

All with a tripod. My hands aren't steady enough to contemplate such shots without one. I usually use an RC-1 remote which has a setting for MLU + 2 sec delay.
Using a tripod does have drawbacks of course, especially getting close enough when the subject's at ground level.

...maintain their delicacy, I've not got any forget-me-not shots I'm happy with yet...

As I said, I wasn't going to post these until I saw the tiny aphid. Such small objects begin to look grainy when they're sharp.

Regards,

Stuart

janet Smith

pro member
As I said, I wasn't going to post these until I saw the tiny aphid. Such small objects begin to look grainy when they're sharp

IMG_0095.jpg

Thanks for the additional information Stuart, here's one of the little blighters I found on one of my Aquilegia's!!

I didn't spot it at first, I was taking some other shots, when I spotted it and decided to try and get him!!