• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

40D on the way

Doug Kerr

Yesterday, after several earlier "false starts", the sale of my "excess" home in Dallas was consummated, relieving a too-long-standing ongoing cash drain of the most futile kind.

I have thus rescinded my program of self-imposed fiscal restraint, and ordered an EOS 40D body and an EF-S 60mm f/2.8 macro lens.

I know that the 40D has been around long enough that it is not likely that any of my "discoveries" with it will be noteworthy, but I'll pass on my observations nevertheless.

The 20D will go into "backup and second unit" status.

My only hope is that all the bodies will fit into the compartments reallocated to them in my camera bags!

Also on the acquisition list are a 2001-2002 Ford Ranger XLT pickup truck (SuperCab long bed) for me and a 2005-2006 fairly large sedan (e.g., Nissan Maxima) for Carla. These will replace a 1988 Ranger XLT and a 1998 VW Passat.

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Congratulations

There seems to be a rash of new 40d's going out of the camera stores this week. Thinking about adding one to my camera bag since the 5dMIII is not yet released. I will have to decide by July 10th, I think.

Enjoy - most people I know with them are quite happy. I haven't heard any negatives - a good sign!

Doug Kerr

There seems to be a rash of new 40d's going out of the camera stores this week. Thinking about adding one to my camera bag since the 5dMIII is not yet released.

But it's expected in about two years!

Enjoy - most people I know with them are quite happy. I haven't heard any negatives - a good sign!

Thanks. I'm looking forward to it.

Best regards,

Doug

StuartRae

Hi Doug,

....ordered an EOS 40D body and an EF-S 60mm f/2.8 macro lens.

Enjoy your new toys (tools?).

My friend has a 40D and loves it. My 60mm macro is a little gem, and as sharp as anything else that Canon make, if the MTU charts are to be believed.

Regards,

Stuart

Yesterday, after several earlier "false starts", the sale of my "excess" home in Dallas was consummated, relieving a too-long-standing ongoing cash drain of the most futile kind.

Congratulations, that must have been a challenge given the real estate situation in the USA in general.

Enjoy your new camera gear!

Also on the acquisition list are a 2001-2002 Ford Ranger XLT pickup truck (SuperCab long bed) for me and a 2005-2006 fairly large sedan (e.g., Nissan Maxima) for Carla. These will replace a 1988 Ranger XLT and a 1998 VW Passat.

Be careful with the fuel consumption though. Fuel prices are unlikely to come down much, if any, and you don't want to jeopardize future camera gear upgrades too much ... ;-)

Bart