• Guide: Pictures are the best way of describing what is for sale. Please describe any nicks, defects, missing parts and if a lens or camera, source and serial number, if available.

The recycling of unused gear helps this community! Good luck!
  • This forum is for contributors with a track record of substantial posts on phottography. Post such as "great picture" don't count. We routinely soft-delete "for sale" posts from those who have not, as yet, really participated as described above.
  • Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

FS-Gitzo 2227 tripod

Alain Briot

pro member
I am selling one of my 2 Gitzo's 2227 carbon fiber tripods. This tripod is in like new condition. I have 2, one intended as a spare, and since I never use it I decided to sell it. (I now have another Gitzo tripod that I use as a spare).

The 2227 is no longer available from Gitzo, the model that replaces it is the 2541.

Here is the link to the 2541 on B&H:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/548397-REG/Gitzo_GT2541EX_GT2541EX_6X_Carbon_Fiber.html

I am selling my spare Gitzo 2227 for $499 plus shipping. Email me at alain@beautiful-landscape.com if you are interested. Again, this tripod is in like new condition. The 2227 (or the 2541 that now replaces it) are great tripods.

I wrote an essay on the 2227 which you can download as a pdf file at this link:

http://www.beautiful-landscape.com/OPP/Gitzo 2227 Review.pdf

Alain Briot

pro member
Thanks Nill :) I love Gitzos. Being French (Gitzos are made in France) I'm probably bias, but they are so reliable and practical that it's hard not to love them!

Alain Briot

pro member
A nice word. I actually purchased a home made by a company named Cachet. I was one customer to whom they didn't have to explain the meaning of the term.

I paid more for it than a regular home ;-)