• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Western Tanager -

Jaime Johnson

We have a lot of these in our yeard this time of year1

Canon 1d Mark III - Canon 500mm f4 - f5.6/ - 1/60th - ISO 250

060708-Tanager-01.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Excellent picture. Those are not feet, but more like talons! What on earth does it need such large toes for!

I guess it could lock on toe the tree in a high wind.

Did you use flash, I see a glint in its eye! Do you have pics with the entire tail.

Asher

Nice one.

Due to a late, cold, and wet spring we are seeing these in Boise. I have been here 30 years and this is the first time I have seen them here. They flit like crazy...I have yet to get a decent image.

Beautiful! I would love to have this in my backyard! Wonderfully soft background.

As per my suggestion in another thread, getting the flash further off-axis would hopefully eliminate the slightly distracting eye-reflex.

Johan Combrink

What amazing colours this little guys has. I generally try around f8 to f11 when shooting so close....nice to get as much as possible in focus. Well done on the shot. !!