• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Emma - Up coming So. Calif Model

Bill Miller

Available light - Strobes were set but not used on this shot. Sun coming from the west, filtered thru a tree and reflecting off the concrete. Shot 6-8-08.

Copyright FotosNow 2008 no editing or copying allowed.

7x7_emma.jpg

Last edited:

Marq Amaro

In Total Agreement

Bill,

Thats a nice shot of Emma, she's really a joy to work with. The outfit, makeup and prop she had, perfectly complemented the whole setup. I am in agreement that she has a bright future ahead of her.

- Marq

Bill,

I really like the entire color combinations of the shot. The yellow background compliments the browns and golds on your model, along with the brown sunglasses. They all play very well together, good job!

Marshall

Available light - Strobes were set but not used on this shot. Sun coming from the west, filtered thru a tree and reflecting off the concrete. Shot 6-8-08.

Copyright FotosNow 2008 no editing or copying allowed.

7x7_emma.jpg

I like the composition and tonality, but it needs some post work to take it larger. If you look at the left side of her nose you will note a different skin tone and stronger texture to her skin. This could also be natural, indentations in her flesh from the glasses, or any number of things. Though I would lay odds on it being makeup being rubbed off by the glasses as the skin tone matches that above her hairline.

some thoughts, <smile>

Sean

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Emma is just 16!

Yes, she is rather young. I just arrived at Frank's shoot and Emma was one of the lovely models for day 2. We were shooting wedding setups, the yellow car as you have seen and shots under a tree and by a fountain.

While the group were getting the strobe shots using the Elinchron light sources, I sneak in available light shots, when the light was kind as here. I must add that there is a black scrim over her head to tame the harsh light.

_MG_1927 available light under black scrim.jpg

Photo for enjoying here. Do not download.

This picture has not been altered beyond sharpening.

Note that there aren't bright light reflections highlights that some people value to make the eyes sparkle. Neither have the eyes been whitened. I might do it for Emma :)

Asher

Last edited:
Very nice Asher! Your shot looks so quiet and natural and there is enough sparkle in the eyes to make them talk a bit. She most certainly is camera friendly and could have a great career.

Marshall