• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

One of the most "popular" ads I have shot...

Ian L. Sitren

pro member
471558f589cb9.jpg

Johan Combrink

Great model...wow....and i like the ad as well. Very striking and grabs you attention. Pity the shoe was cut little there. I would personally have preferred to have it more visible.....very nice.

Cem_Usakligil

Great model...wow....and i like the ad as well. Very striking and grabs you attention. Pity the shoe was cut little there. I would personally have preferred to have it more visible.....very nice.
Hi Johan,

To my knowledge, the art director of the ad agency has the control over the layout of the ad. The photographer just delivers the picture and his/her job is then done. In this case, the shoe has clearly fallen victim to the layout issues. Ian could do nothing about it unless he is the art director himself ;-).

Cheers,

Ian L. Sitren

pro member
Actually that is very true!

In this case her shoes were a source of disagreement between myself and the AD. I caught some heat because they said her shoes looked too uncomfortable and they thought women would not like the ad because of that. So the layout became the resolution, not mine, but theirs.

Hi Johan,

To my knowledge, the art director of the ad agency has the control over the layout of the ad. The photographer just delivers the picture and his/her job is then done. In this case, the shoe has clearly fallen victim to the layout issues. Ian could do nothing about it unless he is the art director himself ;-).

Cheers,

Ian L. Sitren

pro member
Thanks Frank!

Thanks Frank!

Below is an out-take from that shoot that went on to be one of the computer wallpaper downloads for the client that they make available to the public.

And here is a link to the video that was shot around the photoshoot...

http://blip.tv/file/309518

4679f78ef070e.jpg