• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Waipo Valley, Hawaii

THe Waipo Valley is located along the northeast shore of the Big Island of Hawaii. I thank Rick Decker, a local photographer, who took me along on this trip. The road into to Waipo Valley is very steep and only suitable for high clearance, four wheel drive vehicles. It's kind of a wild place. Near the end of our visit we reached the black sand beach where this photo was taken.

1328MG_1255-WaipoValley.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Nathaniel,

This is a very peaceful scene. Yet really the mountain in the background is the result of violent upheaval and the smooth rocks the work of incessant crashing waters. Yes, mother nature paints this with green plants and exerts her dominion.

Wonderful subject.

Asher

Small point: the leaves touch the lower border, if removed, allow the rocks to be more important.

Al and Asher,

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate that you took the time to write.

I am grateful to have Asher's "Small point". I hadn't considered the foreground as carefully as I should. Using the Canon 5D you do not get 100% of the scene in the viewfinder. Perhaps it would be better to clone out a bit of the leaves along the lower border.

-Nat