• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Cherelle part II

And a few more :D

Model : Cherelle
MUA : Yvonne

Photographer : Frank Doorhof

Cherelle_25_Juni_2008_%289_of_50%29.jpg

Cherelle_25_Juni_2008_%2831_of_50%29.jpg

and one more heavy on the shadows.
Cherelle_25_Juni_2008_%2822_of_50%29.jpg

I think your lighting is great on 1 & 3. The first is unique with her hand positioning and color of the makeup. I love the creativity and drama in 2. It's mysterious and beautiful.

Great work.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Frank,

Great to see this new work. Tell me you have not touched the skin in photoshop!

I find the first image impressive. I like the Boticelli-like hair forming a triangle below her face.

Because I like your work, I have to go over points that concern me. I don't want my respect to overcome my discomfort. Some minor niggles: hair in the right side of the neck below the right earring. The nails have square ends. I'm not sure whether or not this is fashionable or not. I find it harsh and not glamorous. Could be that I'm just out of touch!

Asher

I do have more of a problem with the abrupt cut-off of the right hand. Why are we seeing this dismemberment more often? There is no wall or column behind which she is revealed, so why cut off the hand? Art has to seem like being "one thing". Of course each supposed rule, by being broken, turns our expectations on their head. Here, I don't think it works as it simply disrupts beauty.

Will_Perlis

That's interesting. I "saw" her arm because of the little bit of up-raised shoulder that's visible. Without that I would have wondered if that was her hand or someone else's.

Hi,
The thing about cropping is composition for me.
IF I would have included the whole hand the hand would have taken away too much attention from the face, by including part the shoulder your mind will fill in the arm.

The skin is retouched indeed, Cherelle has good skin but I will always do a little bit of retouch.