• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Some notes about archistyle

Michael Fontana

pro member
Is there a typical archistyle of shooting?

Yes, look at the images:

Meanwhile most (non-archi) photographers would have choosed that type of cam position - obviuosly without the child, but my son Roman was getting bored, when scouting the location ;-) - so this beeing a °table-top°-type image, still live or kinda packshot, of chair, bed and table:

testshot.jpg

The best view of the room in architecture language is the next:

everything is done to allow the best lecture of the room itself: it reduces the space to floor, wall, window and door and some furniture; it's all about architecture.

The importance of the furniture is scaled down, the door becomes a partner of the bed, the balk has disappeared, etc.

archistyle.jpg

BTW: The table is from famous Alvar Aalto, I like it, but the photo's duty is to show the space.
Both shots were done with a 24 mm... resp. the 2nd one with the distagon 25... so no Ultra-wide!

Another example:

archistyle_2.jpg

The space situation is quit complex; holding the cam orthogonal to the door makes it better readable. Again distagon 25; the room isn't very wide, but a ultrawide lens would have destroyed the feeling how the space is organised.

Cem_Usakligil

An interesting observation you've made here Michael. A certain way of looking at the world around us is built into each one of us. That is why we all take different pictures when we are at the same location (excluding the regular snapshots). I'd like to discuss this more, hopefully some others will join the discussion later.

Cheers,